Sunday, October 21, 2012

Struggles

It has been a hard few months in the Ramberglar household.  We moved to Roswell, NM in June so that Papa Ramberglar could start working as a police officer.  We moved away from family and friends to start this new venture.  It was tough, but not unmanageable.  He was making enough money that I could stay at home and raise Baby Ramberglar.  Life was sweet, or so we thought.

Three months into the new job, there was no new job.  Papa Ramberglar had some trouble getting through the FTO process and wasn't able to correct the problems in time.  So we were 8 hours away from any family and things were looking pretty dire.  I started to look for work so I could help contribute to the finances again.  In doing my job search I came across several open teaching positions in a few of the schools here.  Well, isn't this perfect since Papa R is a licensed teacher!  So he got on the ball and applied.  He had 3 interviews lined up and was offered a position on the the same day he interviewed.  Great right??

Since his license is held in another state, he has to transfer it.  Since he is not licensed in the State of New Mexico he can only be hired on as a long term substitute teacher at HALF the pay he would make as a full time teacher.  The State tells us it could be at least 8 weeks to get this done.  Meanwhile I am freaking out because we don't have enough money to pay rent! (Or any other bills for that matter).  We've had to borrow from the in-laws so many times my brain just hurts thinking about it.  I am so grateful to them for their help.  We've also had to tuck our tails between our legs and ask for financial assistance from the government.  Hopefully we won't need it for long.

I am again looking for work.  While I love staying at home with Baby R, I miss the adult interaction.  Plus I feel like she needs to be in an environment where she is around other children.  She is great playing by herself, but she gets upset when she is around other kids.  I think the regular interaction would be good for her.  I'm hoping to get an interview in the next week or two for one of the jobs I applied for.  It would be perfect as it is for the school district and I would have summers off with Papa R. so we could take time and visit family instead of trying to cram it all into just two weeks of vacation time.

So that is what we have been dealing with on our end.  Really hoping to see the light at the end of the tunnel soon....

2 comments:

  1. What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger and you are one of the strongest women I know! I've always admired that about you. Things will brighten up once that license gets transferred! I just know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never got notified there was a comment on here! Thanks so much!! Things are definitely looking up :-)

    ReplyDelete